................ ............. Good Ole Country Music, Hillbilly, Western Swing, Rockabilly, Rock'n Roll, Blues...


vendredi 11 août 2017

We Wanna Boogie



VA - SUN ROCKABILLYS VOL. 1 - PUT YOUR CAT CLOTHES ON (1973)

A1 - Carl Perkins - Put Your Cat Clothes On
A2 - Harmonica Frank Floyd - Rockin' Chair Daddy
A3 - Jack Earls - Slow Down
A4 - Roy Orbison - Domino
A5 - Ray Harris - Come On Little Mama
A6 - The Miller Sisters - Ten Cats Down
A7 - Warren Smith - Ubangi Stomp
A8 - Sonny Burgess - We Wanna Boogie
B1 - Billy Lee Riley - Rock With Me Baby
B2 - Jerry Lee Lewis - Milkshake Madeoiselle
B3 - Slim Rhodes - Gonna Romp And Stomp
B4 - Gene Simmons - Drinkin' Wine
B5 - Malcolm Yelvington - Rockin' With My Baby
B6 - Hayden Thompson - Love My Baby
B7 - Warren Smith - Red Cadillac And A Black Moustache
B8 - Warren Smith - Uranium Rock


_
Vinyl rip. Covers, labels
Ripped from the German pressing


.

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Spent most of the 25th attempting to put together this album as a playlist from odds and sods in my collection. Thanks for making my life easy!

Anonyme a dit…

Uncle Gil....I cannot say thankyou enough for the digital postings of the 3 Sun Rockabilly LP's. They were the forerunner of the re-issues that followed (after an article by Bill Millar in a magazine I read). You have posted just about all of the re-issues on your site and I think the only missing volume (s) is Imperial Rockabillies (I have a feeling that there was at least a volume 2 and maybe even a volume 3?)

It would be nice to have the whole collection.

I still have my UK copies of all 3 Sun Rockabillies volumes in mint condition.

Uncle Gil a dit…

Oh yes... "Imperial Rockabillies"!
There are three volumes.
I'll digitized and post'em asap...
All my best

frumious bandersnatch a dit…

Thanks for this German pressing : it sounds much better than the French Charly pressing I own. Still one of my favourite Sun comps, probably because it was the 1st I bought, and listened to it to death when I was, well, much younger than today...
Your blog is a goldmine, I can't thank you enough for all this fantastic work !!!

Anonyme a dit…

Merci bcp ! Je ne connaissais pas ces LP Sun.
Philippe